Williamson County Genealogical Society
Our annual seminar will be held on Saturday, March 21st. Go to our Events Page for more information.
The purposes of the Williamson County Genealogical Society are:
- To create and foster an interest in genealogy,
- To gather and preserve genealogical and historical data,
- To aid individuals in their genealogical research and in compiling family histories,
- To establish and maintain a genealogical library through purchases, contributions, and donations; and
- To provide educational opportunities.
WCGS meets the third Thursday of each month, except August and December. Meetings are held at the Round Rock Public Library, 216 East Main Street, Round Rock, Texas in Meeting Room A, 7:30-9:00 pm. Social time is from 7:00-7:30 pm.
WCGS is a partner with the Round Rock Public Library. The RRPL houses and maintains our joint collection of genealogical materials. Please visit their website to view the catalog and to remotely access subscription databases with your library card.
We would love to have you join us! We hold ten regular meetings each year, host an annual day-long seminar, hold genealogy classes and are involved in special projects, such as FamilySearch Indexing. We sponsor a Brick Wall Special Interest Group and a DNA Special Interest Group that meet throughout the year. We publish ten issues of our newsletter, "The Roundup," and four issues of our quarterly publication, "The Chisholm Trail," each year.